Monday 9 December 2013

Feature housed in body former

 
Feature design to body
 
 
 
 
This is the completed outer former.  The feature will be 3D printed and then duplicated by forming and casting in either silicon or resin.  The feature is interchangeable which is beneficial in manufacture as the mould can be changed, utilising the outer former mould for other designs.

The outer former is now complete and ready for manufacture.

I've decided to change my inner former from polystyrene to a cast in situ former made of acrylic.  Details to follow.



2 comments:

  1. Looking good Matt - I really like the idea of a concrete casing - not too clear how you are going to create the void though - it looks as if it will be a solid cast at the moment....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've shown a CAD drawing of the internal former earlier in my diary update. The design has slightly changed, mainly that it wont be polystyrene. I'll be using acrylic, this will give a nice finish to the internal for aesthetic and fixing of components, and can be cast insitu to to save time removing after the pour.

    ReplyDelete